St. Peter's Cathedral
Tuesday, August 15, 2006


I know it's been quite awhile since I last posted anything of interest to most of you, so here are some pictures I took while going to St. Peter's Cathedral. The bus from my place doesn't take me all the way to the church, and I had just missed the bus going in that direction, so I decided that I would walk, seeing as I was quite early for the service. I doubt I'll go back there for the service, but if I do, I certainly plan on walking there from now on. Since I don't have a camera, I have to make full use of my handphone. Quality's pretty good, I think.

Pretty flowers along the way

Not very sure what park this is, but it's quite pretty, kan?
The road leading to St. Peter's. Just imagine it in full bloom!
Can you see it?
Almost there now
Voila! I think this is my best picture so far. No? Hehhehe...
Sounds like "penittance", kan?
I thought it was quite cool....what do u think?
Reminds me of St. Mary's, KL. But nicer. Hehe

I know you can't really see the stained glass, but thought I'd put it up anyway.
Interesting pews. Seems like every single one is dedicated to someone.
The church seems to be very, very traditional. I think it's quite a historical landmark in Adelaide. They even have tours of the church. The choir is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! I think they have more than one...coz before the service began, they said that this week's service would have the Gregorian choir. And they actually use incense and fling it around in this container hanging on a chain. Not sure what they're called though. It's quite a show, actually. They try very hard to preserve these traditions. Nice service. But I just don't feel like I can really worship there. It's fine if you feel like going for a concert or something. They sing twice as much of the service as we do. Most of the prayers, and even some of the bible passages are sung by the choir. I think they sing in Latin... couldn't understand a word except for "Hosanna". Hehehe... However, even with that much singing, their service lasted for 1 hour? 1 hour and 10 minutes, tops. I was rather surprised. The church has a pipe organ (of course), and in the church itinerary, I noticed something rather unusual. They actually have bellringing practice!!!!! I didn't really think you had to practice much for that.... Just get a little boy to "hang in there". Quite amusing... After the serviceI walked back to the city and was supposed to meet a friend for lunch. But I got lost, and ended up walking for an entire hour, and I lost 1 kg. YAY!!!!! And no, I don't want to get lost again. It's quite freaky when you end up on some road where there's NOBODY. *Cue scary music* Jeng-jeng-jeng!!! Ok, nvm. It's late. I'm going off to bed now. PPL!!!! LeaVe COMmENtS!!!!


2 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

Wah!!! Pictures from your phone? Not bad...quality is so much better than mine!

Love ya!

August 15, 2006 at 11:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Glad to read that all is well. May u find a church u can belong to soon, even if its for a while. ;)

God bless,
Davin

August 27, 2006 at 12:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile
Welcome to this hobbit's habitat. Yes, I am short, but I don't have furry feet, ok? thank you very much. I love to sing, and dance. Love coffee, and music (anything but heavy metal). Please leave comments!!!

My Feeds

TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey
Links
DramaQueenDrea
AbsolutSwen
Twirls&Curlz
daFunkyMonkey
tlchiam
KNNCCB
FJ
Rudyism
theZebra
JaemyC
PrettyJezzy


Previous Posts

Archive

credits ;
designer | kathleen
image | vikifolki