I Surrender All. I think...
Monday, June 18, 2007


So, it appears that I can't do the internship program at Edge Church. Apparently I can't extend my visa based on that course, so... if I were to do it, it would be illegal. Heh. I was actually really upset about it. I knew that there was a possibility I wouldn't be able to do it, so I was aware of the situation. But I was still hoping.

Couple of weeks back, I seemed to have so many options, I didn't know what to do with them. I prayed to God that He would shut the door on whichever was not in His will. I prayed and asked, believing God would do His thing, and everything would be ok. I thought that I could surrender, and be able to accept that whatever the outcome was, it was God's will.

Before I even woke up this morning, the song 'I surrender all' was playing in my head. *Lightbulb goes off in Qian's head even though she's still sleeping* I was like, man... You're such a hypocrite, Qian. You thought that you could surrender the outcome to God, but when God actually gives you the answer, you're unhappy with it. I didn't want God's answer. I wanted God to give me MY answer. I wanted God to say, yes, go to Edge. Do the internship. But that's not surrendering His will. That's imposing my will on God. (This is where I have to question whether I'm reading the same Bible as everyone else). It's not MY kingdom come, MY will be done, on earth as it SHOULD be in heaven. It's YOUR kingdom come, YOUR WILL BE DONE, on earth as it IS in heaven.

So, I will be joyful. I will be thankful that God closed that door. Because if I had chosen to do it anyway, it would not have been in God's will. And I want to be in God's will. *Plus it would be illegal, and I'd probably have my butt kicked back to Malaysia*

*Edit*
Sermon notes from 13/06/07:
- Getting what you ask for may not be what's best for your future.
- God will give me the right answer even if it's not the answer that I want.

If you ask for the wrong thing at the wrong time, God says 'No'
If you ask for the right thing at the wrong time, God says 'Slow'
If you ask for the wrong thing at the right time, God says 'Grow'
If you ask for the right thing at the right time, God says 'Go'

*Edit Edit*

"The final irony is this --- when we submit to the will of God it is for our own good. It is to be truly alive. When Jesus submitted to the Cross, there was pain yes, but the Cross was the pathway to Glory and to the blessing of many. We do not lose when we ask the Lord what He expects of us. And obey...Trust and obey. It's still our best move." - Tan, S.I. (2007).
________________________________________________________
No, it's not the hymn version. Go ahead and listen.



All to Jesus I surrender
All to Him I freely give
I will ever love and trust Him
In His presence daily live

CHORUS:
I surrender all, I surrender all
All to Thee, my blessed Savior
I surrender all

And all to Jesus I surrender
Humbly at His feet I bow
Worldly pleasures all forsaken
Take me Jesus, take me now

CHORUS

Lord I give to You, all I ever had
And everything I was, and everything I am
And now I lay it down, I lay it at Your feet
To Your grace, to Your power
I surrender all

Lord, I give myself to Thee
Fill me with Thy love and power
Let Thy blessing fall on me

CHORUS

All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all

1 Comments:

Blogger Hueychi said...

*hugs* no matter where u'll be or what u will be doin, we'll love u n pray for u always. miss u!! =)
ps: great song!! totally love this version!

June 19, 2007 at 8:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile
Welcome to this hobbit's habitat. Yes, I am short, but I don't have furry feet, ok? thank you very much. I love to sing, and dance. Love coffee, and music (anything but heavy metal). Please leave comments!!!

My Feeds

TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey
Links
DramaQueenDrea
AbsolutSwen
Twirls&Curlz
daFunkyMonkey
tlchiam
KNNCCB
FJ
Rudyism
theZebra
JaemyC
PrettyJezzy


Previous Posts

Archive

credits ;
designer | kathleen
image | vikifolki