Of women and such...
Wednesday, May 23, 2007


My current msn nick: A woman either loves or hates; she knows no medium.

A friend sent me a message: A woman only loves shoes and chocolates. There is no medium or hating them.

And all the sisters say, "Amen".
________________________________________________________

There's been such a lot of surprising things going on lately. Like Julian Hopkins leaving HELP. And Mid Valley raising their parking price. What's up with that? The reason so many people like to lepak there is coz the parking is cheap! Plus Ms Winnee is no longer teaching Intro to RM. But oh well... things in life change. Sometimes change is good. Other times, it's difficult.

So anyhoo, so many couples are getting married this year!!!! I know at least 5 couples who are getting married this year alone. Congrats to Daniel and Eunice. I'm still upset that I was not told personally, but it's ok... Life goes on, as usual.

Anyway, there is a reason why I'm writing this post aside from the obvious procrastination before the next line of assignments are due. And the fact that I feel my blog has been utterly neglected. So, I was reading my friend's blog the other day, and I was utterly appalled at the behavior of some women!!!! You know what men out there are saying???? "Chivalry is dead, and women have killed it". Men are being laughed at for opening doors, standing up when a woman leaves the table, or waiting for everyone's food to arrive before eating. I mean, I'm utterly disgusted. I'm sorry to sound like a guy, but WHAT IS WRONG WITH WOMEN TODAY?????????

Is it wrong to want to be treated like a lady? If you can't appreciate a man like that, please, SEND HIM TO ME!!!! I want a guy who would walk around to the passenger side to open the door for me, who would push my seat in when I sit, and wait for me to leave the table first before walking away. I'm not demanding it, but I can certainly appreciate it. For goodness sake! I would be pleasantly surprised, perhaps. But I certainly would NOT mock someone for being a gentleman.

You wonder why your boyfriend doesn't know how to be romantic, well, there's your answer! And please don't even TRY to pretend like you don't want romance. EVERY GIRL wants romance. Deep down inside, all girls want the fairy-tale. ALL of them. Every girl wants the James Bond, the smooth talker, the charmer, the guy who looks so good in a tuxedo and dances as if it were his second nature. A man who can appreciate poetry, better still, WRITE it. A man who would send flowers or write love letters for no other reason than the fact that he loves you and is thinking about you. Who needs Valentine's day? Wouldn't you rather have a man who shows you that he loves you every day of the year?

And you know what? We all know it's the little things that count. So why are we making fun of men who actually care enough about the little things? The men who actually respect women. Men who treat women as better than equals. The ones who care enough about us to know what makes us happy. To make us feel loved and cherished. Why?

Please, for the sake of all us romantics, even if YOU aren't one, please, don't make a mockery out of chivalry. If a man has the guts to be chivalrous in this day and age, you should commend him. Not scorn his behaviour. The chivalrous man is a dying breed. You know, I would even dare to say that romance without chivalry is empty. What is romantic anyway? A well-practised rendition of "More than words"? I tell you, that a man who professes to love you, yet fails to show it everday by his actions is but a liar.

I don't mean to rant, but really. What is going on???

4 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

I want chivalrous men!!!!

May 23, 2007 at 3:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love chivalrous men. They make you feel so special. I know one who always, always, opens the doore for you and pushes the chair in twice, and asks if you are comfortable before he takes his seat. I think they rule in making you feel like a princess.

May 23, 2007 at 6:04 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

you said it qian. =p

May 23, 2007 at 8:30 PM

 
Blogger Chiam said...

Wow, this is the first time I find my writing linked by another. Feel so honoured. Hehe.

But hey, don't fret. I'm sure there will be many chivalrous guys out there. Not too many I hope. I want to feel special. =)

May 23, 2007 at 11:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile
Welcome to this hobbit's habitat. Yes, I am short, but I don't have furry feet, ok? thank you very much. I love to sing, and dance. Love coffee, and music (anything but heavy metal). Please leave comments!!!

My Feeds

TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey
Links
DramaQueenDrea
AbsolutSwen
Twirls&Curlz
daFunkyMonkey
tlchiam
KNNCCB
FJ
Rudyism
theZebra
JaemyC
PrettyJezzy


Previous Posts

Archive

credits ;
designer | kathleen
image | vikifolki