Unfair? I think so too.
Thursday, June 14, 2007


Ever seen a couple together, and you say, "that girl/guy is so lucky to have so and so"?

Yeah, me too.

What we really mean is, "How come they can get and I can't? What does he/she have that I don't?". Or even worse, 'That guy/girl can do better'. Which of course really means "I deserve someone like that. Not him/her".

Who died and made us God, eh? Are we so perfect ourselves? I'm certainly far from it. No matter which way you wanna look at it, we all have a bit of a superiority complex. We think we're better than everyone else. Unfortunately, most Americans take this to the extreme. =p (just kidding). We think that the world owes us something. Guess there's no need to tell you that the world doesn't revolve around you, eh? Hope you've figured that out by now. GUYS: PAY ATTENTION! THE UNIVERSE DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU!!!!

Right, back to my point. So yeah, let's say you have a friend who has a wonderful significant other. Should we not be glad for that individual? Instead we bitch about how unfair the world is. Now think about the good things that happened to you. Instead of being thankful, we credit that to our own merit. "I DESERVED *insert good thing here*". Now, whether you make that publicly known, or whether it happens in your sub-conscious, it most probably does happen. So there's no need to justify it. I do it too.

In the grand scheme of things, all of us have it good. All of us got something that we don't deserve, and He got something that He didn't deserve either. That's grace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lil' Blue Bear said...

eh.. the universe revolves round me lah.

June 14, 2007 at 10:29 PM

 
Blogger HobbiT said...

ahaha! yeah, me too!
see, that's saturn and jupiter dancing circles around me!

June 14, 2007 at 10:33 PM

 
Blogger Chiam said...

Why do I always think about Avril's Girlfriend whenever I visit your blog and read this post? Heh.

June 17, 2007 at 4:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile
Welcome to this hobbit's habitat. Yes, I am short, but I don't have furry feet, ok? thank you very much. I love to sing, and dance. Love coffee, and music (anything but heavy metal). Please leave comments!!!

My Feeds

TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey
Links
DramaQueenDrea
AbsolutSwen
Twirls&Curlz
daFunkyMonkey
tlchiam
KNNCCB
FJ
Rudyism
theZebra
JaemyC
PrettyJezzy


Previous Posts

Archive

credits ;
designer | kathleen
image | vikifolki