I'm Back
Monday, August 04, 2008


I think it's about time I came back to redeem my blog. Sigh... I've missed writing. There's so much to tell. But I'm not sure who there is to tell it to. The few readers that I have probably have stopped reading. But it's ok. It's my space.

Well, let's start alphabetically. Church.
Not sure where I wanna go anymore. But at the moment, I'm attending SIB.
I sometimes wonder how come I'm attending SIB. I was brought up in an Anglican church. Man... and SIB is about as charismatic as it gets. All the happy-clappy ppl are there. Weirdly enough, the senior pastors of SIB are from the brethren church. Hehe...

Family. Well, we've moved to subang. Still trying to adjust. I do so hate traffic jams. I think the family's doin alright. Usual Sunday family meetings. Tuesday dinners.

Love life. Non-existent.
I'm cool with it though. I notice that I occasionally crave male attention, though. But at least I'm aware, so I can guard my heart and my mind.

Work. I love the children. That's about it.
I hate the fact that the centre is so far. I hate the fact that my job pays me peanuts. I hate having more financial responsibility just because I have a steady income. Sigh... growing up, at this point in my life, is not a process I enjoy.
__________________________________________________

On a side note: SIB is doing 40 days of prayer and fasting using Give me 40 days by Freeda Bowers, as well as the NECF pray and fast for Malaysia this month.

You know how ppl always quote "by His stripes, I am healed"? Yeah well, would you guys PLEASE read in context???? What is the Bible really saying??

Let's look at it.

1 Peter 2:22-24
22(AT) He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth. 23(AU) When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten,(AV) but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly. 24(AW) He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we(AX) might die to sin and(AY) live to righteousness.(AZ) By his wounds you have been healed. (ESV)

Hello!!!!!!! It's about being reconciled to God because of Christ's sacrifice! Not about receiving physical healing, or proclaiming with the authority of Christ that you are entitled to have a healthy, happy, prosperous life.

Sigh... so with regards to the 40 days of prayer, well, the enthusiasm has died. How can I see this as a covenant time between me and God when the stuff that comes out of the book is biblically inaccurate?

Well, I've learned to recognize, that this is one of the 'lows' of life. I'm just starting to feel it more because I have no identity, no support from a particular church. I feel so stranded. Is it wrong to want to have leaders you can support? Or should we always be content with who is serving, and console ourselves with the fact that all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God?

Dance. Well, that's another kettle of fish altogether. Maybe another day.
Now, I need sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile
Welcome to this hobbit's habitat. Yes, I am short, but I don't have furry feet, ok? thank you very much. I love to sing, and dance. Love coffee, and music (anything but heavy metal). Please leave comments!!!

My Feeds

TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey
Links
DramaQueenDrea
AbsolutSwen
Twirls&Curlz
daFunkyMonkey
tlchiam
KNNCCB
FJ
Rudyism
theZebra
JaemyC
PrettyJezzy


Previous Posts

Archive

credits ;
designer | kathleen
image | vikifolki