Grace vs. Manpower
Tuesday, September 04, 2007


Where does one draw the line between accepting grace, and deliberately choosing not to sin? If I choose not to sin, does that mean I haven't fully accepted grace? Or do I just accept that I will always sin? But I can't use God's grace, and my own sinful nature to take away the responsibility of keeping my actions in line.

"Notice how God is both kind and severe. He is severe toward those who disobeyed, but kind to you if you continue to trust in his kindness. But if you stop trusting, you also will be cut off" (Romans 11: 22). How freaky is that thought??? If I don't believe/accept God's grace, and try to take on my own burden, I'm gonna be cut off from Him. Man... either way, I have no choice. I gotta believe that God is gonna redeem me, and will continue to do so.
_____________________________________________________

To all in Adelaide, hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you all!!!!!!! Malaysia is... hot. But not suffocatingly so. It's been raining quite a bit. Life is... strange without you guys. I have such a big change in my routine now. Although I hope it doesn't quite stay this way. In Oz, I go to church for 2 services, and class once a week. I go to OCF, and prayer meeting. So much of my life revolves around Christian activity. It's good. I like it. But now, I feel there's so little of that kind of activity here. I need to keep myself busy. It's been less than a week, but already I feel frustrated.

I wonder where this is all going...

2 Comments:

Blogger spikeylau said...

We miss you too!!! Karis misses you the most,her fav sentence is 'I miss Qian-Qian wor'. She misses the late night noises you made across the paper thin wall, noises stemming from frustration or boredom?? Take good care girl. Before you know it you will settle into a routine, then it would be time to get out of that routine to come back to Oz! Hugz - Susie

September 5, 2007 at 12:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Poky!
Sometimes too much Christian activity can also bring the focus away from God himself..think all of us must learn to enjoy time alone with God even without activity..
Miss ya babe!

September 7, 2007 at 4:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile
Welcome to this hobbit's habitat. Yes, I am short, but I don't have furry feet, ok? thank you very much. I love to sing, and dance. Love coffee, and music (anything but heavy metal). Please leave comments!!!

My Feeds

TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey
Links
DramaQueenDrea
AbsolutSwen
Twirls&Curlz
daFunkyMonkey
tlchiam
KNNCCB
FJ
Rudyism
theZebra
JaemyC
PrettyJezzy


Previous Posts

Archive

credits ;
designer | kathleen
image | vikifolki