Of kindness & caring
Friday, September 01, 2006


Today, I was amazed, touched, unspeakably moved by the kindness met by people who I can hardly say that I'm close to. In times of frustration and utter desperation, God planted these people at the perfect time and place to tell me that He's there, and that He cares for me. That He's looking out for me. I cried an abundance of tears which have been welling up in me since I've left my beloved homeland. And now that the floodgates have been opened, I feel....relief. (Although I do have a pouding headache).

From Melanie, in OCF:
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. [b] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

Jeremiah 29:11-1

And from Esther, from HELP:

14For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15from whom his whole family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Ephesians 3:14-21


So many times I've told myself not to "box up" God. And yet, every single time I am met by adversity, and I bring myself back to Him, I am again astonished by how I will never, ever be able to fathom His greatness, His love, & His merciful grace. How insignificant I am, and yet this God, this omnipotent being, has chosen to love ME. HE chose ME!!!!

My brother told me, that I would find God in Adelaide. I laughed when he told me that he was surprised to find God in Kansas. That somehow he thought he wouldn't find God anywhere other than KL. And look at me! Did I think that my God was so small, He wouldn't be able to find me here? That He wouldn't be able to touch me, or speak to me?

There are so many questions unanswered. So many things I want to find out. Sometimes, I wish I could just KNOW the answers. But nothing in this life comes easy. And I know that God cares more for the building of my character than He does for the actual result.

And I pray, for more strength, for more courage, for more wisdom, and for a whole lot of patience. And I pray, that you will pray this with me. That I may come to know my Maker. To know what it is, to truly be a child of God. To have a living, active relationship with my Father, my Friend. That I may rediscover this relationship, and fall in love with Him over and over again.


1 Hear my prayer, O LORD;
let my cry for help come to you.

2 Do not hide your face from me
when I am in distress.
Turn your ear to me;
when I call, answer me quickly.

Psalm 102:1-2



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile
Welcome to this hobbit's habitat. Yes, I am short, but I don't have furry feet, ok? thank you very much. I love to sing, and dance. Love coffee, and music (anything but heavy metal). Please leave comments!!!

My Feeds

TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey
Links
DramaQueenDrea
AbsolutSwen
Twirls&Curlz
daFunkyMonkey
tlchiam
KNNCCB
FJ
Rudyism
theZebra
JaemyC
PrettyJezzy


Previous Posts

Archive

credits ;
designer | kathleen
image | vikifolki