Post E-Camp
Thursday, April 19, 2007


So, guess what? I am indifferent. Heh. Everybody else had such an amazing "WAHLAU!" experience at E-camp, and I'm just.... "Ho-hum". Like, what's wrong with me? How can the Spirit be there, and I didn't experience it? Is it just me? Coz I'm kinda wondering if we were even in the same camp. Sigh....have I become so jaded? So cynical? So skeptical? What's wrong with me?

Maybe I didn't participate enough. Maybe it's the hair. Honestly, nobody made efforts to sit nxt to me or anything. *boo=hoo* yeah, right. It's probably a sub-conscious thing la...I don't think ppl even realized, but yeah...for once, I went to a camp, and I feel like I didn't make a single friend. Seriously! Not to say I'm all that popular or something la...but I always walk away knowing quite a number of ppl la. Left out of the post-water-battle, nobody wants to camwhore with me. I actually walked around the field aimlessly. Nobody to sit nxt to at dinner, and after that the sessions also like, I gotta pick someplace to sit by myself coz I'm always going somewhere on my own. The only way I managed to get past those 4 days at E-camp was to pretend like I actually wanted to be alone. So I went to look out at the ocean. Which was kinda nice. Except that you feel lonely even when you're not alone. And if there's a biting wind, you can't stand looking out at the ocean for too long. Always looking back over your shoulder at the slightest noise, hoping there's someone who missed you, and came to look for you. But there's no one there.

This is like the story of my life la. I'm always the person who has to go looking for a friend. Nobody comes to me. You know what? I'm tired of making the effort la. Why am I so forgettable? Sampai no one wants to know me. Never made any lasting friendships in high school, no friends in uni. Nobody ever messages or calls me just to chat. Hell, even my housemates don't come over. I have to go nxt door. Best of all! They made plans to go to Melbourne without even telling me. Like, wth. And I found out from someone else. Which was even worse. It's exactly like the time they went to watch 300 without telling me. I mean, wth!!!!!!

What worries me most is not the fact that nobody made an effort, I guess. What worries me most is that I'm here, having a little pity-party for myself, instead of the old Qian who would've just gotten up, said, ok, you losers who don't wanna be my friend, who cares? I'm gonna make some friends who WILL enjoy my company. Coz I'm a great person, with a great personality, an infectious laugh, and a cheerful disposition. What has happened to me? Why do I give a damn? Why is it that my heart bleeds every time I get left out of something? Why am I not making an effort to make new friends? Sigh.... I guess I just value what I already have, and I don't wanna get in the way of other ppl's friendships. I mean, let's face it. At this age, most ppl have their cliques. You're the outsider. So just move on, and move out.

Well, that's me, I guess. Always trying to keep busy, always trying to fill the void. Find someone, a friend, a boyfriend, anything to occupy your mind with anything except the gaping emptiness you feel inside. In my mind, I know what is missing, so I seek for it in the way that I know how. But my heart still feels empty. When will I feel full? When will I be complete? Will I ever be satisfied or satiated? Why is it that I come knocking at Your door, begging you to come into my heart, but I feel as if there is no response? When will You answer my cry?

Psalm 142

1
I cry aloud to the LORD;
I lift up my voice to the LORD for mercy.

2 I pour out my complaint before him;
before him I tell my trouble.

3 When my spirit grows faint within me,
it is you who know my way.
In the path where I walk
men have hidden a snare for me.

4 Look to my right and see;
no one is concerned for me.
I have no refuge;
no one cares for my life.

5 I cry to you, O LORD;
I say, "You are my refuge,
my portion in the land of the living."

6 Listen to my cry,
for I am in desperate need;
rescue me from those who pursue me,
for they are too strong for me.

7 Set me free from my prison,
that I may praise your name.
Then the righteous will gather about me
because of your goodness to me.


Oh, Father. Hear my cry. Come and rescue me soon.



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girl! i'm so sorry you felt that way. i guess i can say i understand what you're going through. i mean, yea...like you, i didn't make any lasting friendships in primary and high school. till now, actually, all my high school friends are very close, going out a lot and stuff. but i'm just not in their clique. i guess i just don't fit in. they're not my type of friends. and then, in college..i only have like..4 friends who i usually hang out with and we're not close cuz they don't know my personal stuff although i know theirs. and as you should know, i'm an unfriendly person. once i have a good friend, i won't look for more. you know, something like, 1 good friend's better than a thousand 'just friends' kindda friends. that's why i tend to not make new friends. hmm, yea maybe your head kindda freak them out. that's cuz they don't know the real you. they're just judging you by your appearance. but i'm sure if they get to know you, they won't regret it. try being friendly. make some friends. and yea...you still have us here!! =) we're here for you! and once again, i know how you feel. sometimes the loneliness is just...sad. but oh well, i don't really bother anymore. i mean, if i'm alone, i'm alone. and i'm not shy bout it anymore. cuz i AM alone. lol. sad but a fact. you won't stay alone for long. trust me. just open yourself up and make friends. things would be better then..=)

April 21, 2007 at 2:28 AM

 
Blogger HobbiT said...

jann: Hey, sweetie. Thanks for replying. =) I know that I have you girls back home... But it's still tough not having really close friends here, I guess. But don't worry la. I'm feeling much better now. Just yesterday feeling damn emo. =p hehe... Ya la.... God is good. =) The process is slow, but things are getting better. Miss you, babe.

April 21, 2007 at 2:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes i know it's tough when u dont have people there around you physically. but don't worry la..make friends and it won't be too bad! =) good to hear you're much better now. just that, if there's anything, let it out. we are here to listen and you know that. just keep holding on to God and u'll be sure you'll see the light soon..=) miss you lots too! hugs! =D

April 21, 2007 at 4:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woi!

What's this maaaaannn.. I'm your friend laaaaaaaaahhh. Why you talk until like that waaaaaaaaaannnnn?

*Hugs*

ezZ.

April 22, 2007 at 1:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh if u noticed, there are few times i always want to sit next to you =D eheheh

April 22, 2007 at 10:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey qian
i'm so sorry if u feel left out in the easter camp. i seriously and truly love you as a sister in christ = )

you are a part of God's family...this will never taken away from u...you alwaz be part of god's family =)

"you are memeber of God's very own family, citizens of God's country, and you belong in God's household with every other christian."
eph 2:19b (LB)

p/s: soo sorry didnt catch up with u in during easter camp T______T

anyway, have a blessed week!!!
see ya qian!!

IAN

April 22, 2007 at 11:43 PM

 
Blogger andrea said...

I didn't make lasting friendships in primary and high school either babe...it's only in college that I had my girl friends..

You are not alone..

April 23, 2007 at 11:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

erm...this will sound weird...but i know that feeling...yes, THAT feeling....alone among the crowd...missing out the "walau-s" and then wondered if i m juz jaded...missed out from friends' (prolly not always but a lot of times) what ever activities...and also, an ex-OCFer still in Adelaide living her onw life, if you like, drop by www.xanga.com/cryxtyn...leave a message, email watever, we might be able to form a "watever/ whoever-sometimes-means-a-lot-more-than nothing" support group (not making sense here....

April 23, 2007 at 11:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile
Welcome to this hobbit's habitat. Yes, I am short, but I don't have furry feet, ok? thank you very much. I love to sing, and dance. Love coffee, and music (anything but heavy metal). Please leave comments!!!

My Feeds

TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey
Links
DramaQueenDrea
AbsolutSwen
Twirls&Curlz
daFunkyMonkey
tlchiam
KNNCCB
FJ
Rudyism
theZebra
JaemyC
PrettyJezzy


Previous Posts

Archive

credits ;
designer | kathleen
image | vikifolki